Speaker: Valerie Steele, VP, Technical Writing and Assistance Solutions at Oracle.
Very few people in the 90s purposefully went into technical writing as a career. Come join us for a story of how one person fell into technical writing and turned that unplanned move into a surprisingly successful, long-term career. You’ll hear about mishaps and drama, epic fails and serendipitous events. And you might learn something along the way.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speaker:
Valerie Steele is VP of Technical Writing and Assistance Solutions at Oracle. She has over 25 years of experience in the Technical Communication field and loves her job: making complex software understandable for a broad, diverse audience, which allows her to work with talented, interesting people every day. Valerie lives in scenic Oakland with her husband, teen-aged son, one dog, and two cats!
Time: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact email@example.com and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.