We have canceled the STC Berkeley meeting for tonight because of the widespread electrical outage planned by PG&E. The building we meet in will be closed, and the streetlights and traffic lights in the neighborhood will not be working.
Please join us for our next meeting on Wednesday, November 13. Our October speaker has rescheduled for then. Same topic: “How to Get Clients and Keep Them,” presented by Constance Rose.
Speaker: Constance Rose, Founder of Advocacy for Humankind (www.advocacyforhumankind.com).
In an unpredictable job market, maybe it makes sense to take control and build your own business. This talk will be about getting clients and retaining them, and the challenges you will face as a solo entrepreneur or small business owner. Subject matter covered will be:
- Your brand
- Getting clients
- Retaining clients
- The hats you will wear
- Incorporate or not
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speaker:
Constance Rose has been a Creative Services Professional for over 30 years. She began her career working for W.L. Gore and Associates, a Fortune 500 company, and then went on to freelance at some of the Bay Area’s most prestigious ad agencies. Around 2001, she began her own business, eventually incorporating. She has had numerous clients from all around the world who have hired her for branding and graphic design services and/or commissioned pieces of art. Her illustration work has been published in two books and one magazine article. Semi-retired now as a creative professional, she is currently in the process of starting a non-profit business, Advocacy for Humankind.
Time: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact email@example.com and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.