Storytelling, content strategy, writing-focused design. These labels have been used to help define UX writing. But what, exactly, is it? And why should you care?
Find out how words can make or break your product experience. Through case studies on Google products, learn about the UX writing principles that guide effective design decisions across a wide range of product areas, including artificial intelligence/machine learning, conversation design, social media, messaging, and virtual/augmented reality.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
NOTE: This is a last-minute change to the program. Yvonne Gando will deliver the presentation she is scheduled to give at the STC Summit in Colorado in May. We get to see it first! (The program changed because Yvonne’s co-presenter for the planned talk had to cancel.)
About the speaker:
Yvonne Gando is a Bay Area, California native and a poet at heart. After teaching poetry and Asian American studies, her path eventually led to tech startups, agency work, and leading in-house writing teams for big box retailers in San Francisco.
Now at Google, she’s currently leading UX writing and immersive storytelling on AR & VR experiences. She has also launched various social apps within Google, including Allo, Duo, Google+ and Hangouts.
Yvonne is also a proud mama, a superfan of crunchy things, and an avid runner.
Time: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.