Cybersecurity skills are in high demand, yet in short supply. Professionals from many disciplines are moving into this field.
Learn about what’s happening in cybersecurity and how technical communicators can apply skills that we already have to contribute to global cybersecurity.
This presentation will cover:
- A brief overview of cybersecurity
- Employment statistics
- Jobs that can use technical communication skills
- Security clearances
- Sources for more information that will help build your confidence to step into the field
Explaining complex things simply is complicated. Technical communicators know how to make complex information accessible to every type of audience. Cybersecurity needs our expertise now.
Join us at 6 p.m. March 14 at Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Dr, Oakland, CA 94618.
Remember to buy tickets.
Tonie Flores has guided business professionals through the complexities of information processing as a systems engineer, instructional designer, change management consultant, and technical writer. Her current area of focus is cybersecurity. She is collaborating with security experts on a forthcoming book about cybersecurity language.
Tonie is an award winning technical writer, an Associate Fellow of STC, and an active member of the Berkeley Chapter.
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members also welcomed. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings.