You will be provided with real world examples by a presenter whose primary work is OSINT investigation (open-source intelligence, data gathering from publicly available sources), along with an extensive handout containing various domestic and international websites for gathering intelligence, tips for searching, list of available tools, and list of OSINT experts to which you can turn when you have specific needs. We will delve into privacy plus the ups and down of LinkedIn, Amazon, social networking and online searching such as Spokeo.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speaker:
Cynthia Navarro has worked in the area of investigations for over 35 years and is currently the president of Finnegan’s Way, an investigative consultation and training firm located in California. In this role she manages both civil and criminal investigations and consults worldwide in the areas of anti-piracy, business backgrounds, IP, in addition to specializing in OSINT investigations. Prior to Finnegan’s Way, Ms. Navarro held various management positions at several Silicon Valley firms. In these positions, she was responsible for managing business intelligence gathering, intellectual property theft investigations, interviews, OSINT investigations, and training. She has taught using the internet as an investigative tool to law enforcement and corporate investigators worldwide.
Time: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.