Three managers who interview and make hiring decisions regarding technical writers, editors, illustrators or other roles in the broad category of technical documentation will discuss what they are looking for in potential candidates and give you some insight into how they work. There will be time for questions from the meeting attendees.
Christopher Gales—Senior Director of Documentation at Splunk
Rosalind Jones—Director of Talent Acquisition, Bulletproof Documentation
Neeraj Bhatia—Director of Technical Publications, Guidewire Software
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speakers:
Christopher Gales is Senior Director of Documentation at Splunk, a software company in San Francisco.
Rosalind Jones is Director of Talent Acquisition for Bulletproof Documentation, a consulting service for the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
Neeraj Bhatia is the Director of Technical Publications for Guidewire Software, a software company that makes products for the insurance industry.
Time: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.