Are you looking for a job in the field of technical communication? Or considering some change in your tech comm career? You need to attend the fifth annual STC Berkeley job fair. You can talk to recruiters, join in short discussions about career-related topics, and get expert advice about improving your resume. And you can network with other people in the field at the Job Fair.
This year we have moved the Job Fair from Wednesday evening to Saturday afternoon, and extended the time, to make it more convenient for people to attend.
Recruiters from Synergistech and TEKsystems.
Resume advice from Joy Montgomery, author of a book about resume-building.
- Open-source projects as an entry into technical writing. Gale Naylor, documentation engineer at Facebook.
- Going independent: legal considerations. Lindsay Spiller, attorney.
- Preparing for an interview. Dyana King, career and business coach.*
- Tech writers and medical writing. Rose Tomey, medical/technical writer and communicator.
* Dyana King asks that anyone who plans to join her progression discussion take the four-minute assessment at www.mindtime.com anytime before the progression begins. You will get much more out of the discussion if you do.
Time and Place
Saturday, September 29, 2018. Doors open at 11:00 a.m., close at 5:00 p.m. Recruiters will begin interviewing at noon. Progression discussions 1:00 to 2:00.
The location is the Ed Roberts Campus, 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley. You can take public transit: the campus is adjacent to the Ashby BART station. The job fair will be just off the main lobby.
$10 reserved online (click below) or $15 at the door.
If you don’t wish to use PayPal, you can reserve a place by sending email to email@example.com. We’ll collect the reserved-in-advance price from you (cash or check) at the door.