Voice assistants have become household names as smart speaker adoption rates have skyrocketed over just a few short years. What has made voice so popular? And what should technical communicators know about this new area of technology?
In this talk, you will learn about the exciting field of voice design and how writing for voice differs from writing for other contexts. You will learn about some of the skills successful voice designers have and will walk away with a few tips to kickstart your professional journey into the field of voice design.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speaker:
Jessica Klein is the Founder and Principal Voice UX Designer of J Klein Design LLC, a voice experience design consultation and training firm in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Prior to starting her own company, Ms. Klein designed IVR (interactive voice response) and multimodal applications for Fortune 500 companies in banking, insurance, travel, and retail verticals in the United States and Europe. As the design lead, she managed all phases of voice application design from creation to production roll-out: requirements gathering, use case development and analysis, user flow definition, application documentation, demo creation, prompt and grammar writing, usability testing, bug fixing, and flow modification. In her role as a Senior Voice Designer, she trained designers in Voice UX Best Practices and oversaw their work on application development deliverables.
When she’s not busy analyzing language’s impact on the user experience, Ms. Klein enjoys growing vegetables, experimenting in the kitchen, and learning to code.
Time: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact email@example.com and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.