Managers who interview and make hiring decisions regarding technical writers, editors, illustrators or other roles in the broad category of technical documentation will discuss what they are looking for in potential candidates, and give you some insight into how they work. There will be time for questions from the meeting attendees.
- Romy Sinha of Siemens AG, Digital Grid Division.
- Forest Weld, IBM Aspera.
- Meeta Garg, Salesforce.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
About the speakers:
Romy Sinha is Staff Information Developer at Siemens AG, Digital Grid Division, in Foster City.
Forest Weld is Director of User Enablement and Customer Satisfaction at IBM Aspera.
Meeta Garg is Senior Manager, Technical Writing, at Salesforce.
Time: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.