Speaker: Denis Kenny, Experienced Labor and Employment Attorney
Define Independent Contractor
- Who we’re talking about?
- What does this mean for hiring entities?
What is Happening with Independent Contractor Compliance?
- Latest on AB-5, ABC Test, the “Integral” or “usual course” of your business piece, and EDD letter
- Exempt Occupations and Borello
- What about possible federal legislation?
- Which other states are starting to follow suit
- How workers are fighting against AB-5
When You Ask for Guidance
- Questions you need to ask your accountant
- Questions you need to ask your attorney
About the Speaker
Denis Kenny is a Founding Partner with Scherer Smith & Kenny LLP. He is an experienced civil litigator specializing in employment litigation and counseling for employers and employees. Before Scherer Smith & Kenny, Denis served three years as a deputy attorney general in the Employment Rights and Administration division of the California Attorney General’s Office. Denis brings over 20 years of experience as a knowledge expert on independent contractor / 1099 compliance-related issues.
Don’t forget to buy tickets.
Time: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 6 p.m.
Location: Highlands Country Club 110 Hiller Drive, Oakland, CA 94618
6:00 to 7:00 pm: Networking, conversation & dinner
7:00 to 7:15 pm: Announcements
7:15 to 8:30 pm: Presentation
8:30 to 9:00 pm: Conversation, follow up on job announcements
9:00 to 9:15 pm: Clear the room; move conversations to the sidewalk
- Ride sharing. Do you need a ride to the meeting? Contact email@example.com and we will try to match you with someone who is driving or help to arrange a ride from Rockridge BART.
- Members of other chapters welcomed. If you belong to another STC chapter, you can attend our meetings for the regular price.
- IABC members welcome. All members of the San Francisco Chapter of the IABC are welcome to register for Berkeley STC General Meetings at the member price.
- Non-members can attend. You don’t have to be a member to attend our meetings. See the link above for tickets.
- Tell us if you’re hiring or job-hunting. Attendees are encouraged to announce open positions or to announce that they are searching for work. Feel free to bring job listings, resumes, or business cards for distribution.